Cytoskeleton is a key component of cell dynamics including cell division, growth, and differentiation. We are working on development of bioimage analysis framework to quantitatively evaluate multi-dimensional cytoskeletal organizations based on tight collaboration among experts in cell biology and bioimage informatics.
Unit leaderTakumi HIGAKI WebsiteAssociate Professor, IROAST, Kumamoto UniversityJapan
Fei DUPostdoctoral Fellow, Chinese Academy of SciencesChina
Masaki SHIMONOResearch Associate, Michigan State UniversityUSA
Kae AKITAAssistant Professor, Japan Women's UniversityJapan
- Akita K, Higaki T (2019) An induction system for clustered stomata by sugar solution immersion treatment in Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings. J Vis Exp 144: e58951. https://www.jove.com/video/58951/
- Tanaka M, Fujii Y, Hirano K, Higaki T, Nagasaki A, Ishikawa R, Okajima T, Katoh K (2019) Fascin in lamellipodia contributes to cell elasticity by controlling the orientation of filamentous actin. Genes Cells 24: 202–213. https://doi.org/10.1111/gtc.12671
- Kimata Y, Kato T, Higaki T, Kurihara D, Yamada T, Segami S, Morita MT, Maeshima M, Hasezawa S, Higashiyama T, Tasaka M, Ueda M (2019) Polar vacuolar distribution is essential for accurate asymmetric division of Arabidopsis zygotes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116: 2338-2343. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1814160116
- Hirano T, Konno H, Takeda S, Dolan L, Kato M, Aoyama T, Higaki T, Takigawa-Imamura H, Sato MH (2018) PtdIns(3,5)P2 mediates root hair shank hardening in Arabidopsis. Nat Plants 4: 888–897. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41477-018-0277-8
- Takatsuka H, Higaki T, Umeda M (2018) Actin reorganization triggers rapid cell elongation in Arabidopsis roots. Plant Physiol 178: 1130-1141. http://www.plantphysiol.org/content/early/2018/09/05/pp.18.00557
- Takumi Higaki, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas (The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science), Elucidation of the strategies of mechanical optimization in plants toward the establishment of the bases for sustainable structure system, "Imaging analysis on cell geometry during mechanical optimization in leaves," June 2018-March 2023.
- Takumi Higaki, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas (The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science), Platforms for Advanced Technologies and Research Resources "Advanced Bioimaging Support," "Consultation and technical support for bioimage analysis," April 2018-March 2022.